It's been awhile since we had an update, but we've been working hard behind the scenes on improvements. This month we're pleased to announce three basic changes: new chat functionality, new data, and improved metadata.
We really, really want to hear from you! We want to make sure you have every opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback. As such we've added a new "Chat" function. If one of the Ring-Moon Systems Node OPUS experts is available to help, you will see a Chat icon in the lower-right corner of the Search and Detail tabs. Entering your question or comment here will connect you directly to one of our team members for live help. We look forward to hearing from you.
- The COISS_2xxx volumes (Cassini at Saturn) have a complete set of new calibrated data (using CISSCAL 4.0)
- COUVIS_0xxx volumes have been updated to the latest release (version 3) and have new, improved preview images
- COUVIS_8xxx (occultation) volumes have been updated to the latest release (version 3)
- All occultation volumes now have preview images, and most have browse diagrams detailing occultation geometry
- For all relevant volumes, the body inventory table has been renamed from inventory.tab to inventory.csv to better represent its format
- Product Creation Time has been added for most instruments
- The Observation Type of Hubble observations has been standardized. Image is data with two spatial dimensions with each pixel containing an intensity value. Spectrum is data with zero or one spatial dimension with each pixel containing a complete spectrum. Spectral Image is data with two spatial dimensions with each pixel containing partial spectral information (usually the result of a prism or grism). Spectral Cube is data with two spatial dimensions with each pixel containing a complete spectrum. In addition, the Wavelength, Wavelength Resolution, and Spectrum Size fields have been updated to be consistent across all Hubble instruments.
- Several occultations that were missing from OPUS have been added
- The format of OPUS IDs has been changed to include the "rev" number
- The Wavelength was stored with the wrong unit and is now correct
- COUVIS_0xxx: Data Set IDs have been updated
- COUVIS_8xxx: Wavelength was stored with the wrong unit and is now correct
- Several observations from COVIMS_0012 that were missing from OPUS have been added
- "Packed" versions of observations have been removed when the "unpacked" versions are available
- Many additional data product types are available for download in OPUS
- COCIRS - Observation Metadata (ISPM)
- CORSS - Documentation and Browse Products
- EBROCC - Geometry Table, Preview Plot, Geometry Diagram, Source Data, and Browse Products
- HST - HST Files Associations Index
- VGISS - Extra Preview
- GOSSI version 1 data products are no longer available for download through OPUS
- HST: Data Set IDs have been updated